theannachrist@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Aztec Summer

I was recently back home in Texas for a wedding and got the unique and amazing opportunity to meet Kai, the style blogger behind TEXTURE! I have had a massive blog crush (and mean hair envy) on her for a while now and she messaged me with "Sooo I have this idea."

She wants to start a project that solves the problem of "Man, so I'm at the thrift store and there was this WICKED AWESOME MIND BLOWING item and it was (just not for me) or (not my size)". She wants to start kind of an exchange program with other bloggers, send them these odd finds and see how they style them! And I'm numero uno! Read her description of the project, here, it's quite brilliant.

We hit a thrift store together in Arlington, Texas, and both hit jackpot. (You'll see the haul gradually filter into upcoming outfit posts.) And as part of her project, she gave me 3 items: a bolo tie (yee haw!), an amazing pair of sunnies and The Aztec Jacket.

Photobucket

And while thinking of the various ways I could style this jacket, I ran across this editorial:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cosmo Australia November 2011

A steamy, summery editorial boasting Aztec Summer inspo. And then the challenge of "how do I winterize this?"

This is what happened.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photos by Molly Jean

Aztec jacket// thrifted-gifted, vintage win
sunnies// thrifted-gifted
sweater// thrifted
baja shorts// eBay
thigh high socks// American Apparel
wedges// thrifted
necklaces// mixture of gifts and thrifted

How it's summery: layered, colorful statement necklaces, print-mashing and color explosion, wedge sandals, Aztec Summer vibe
How it's wintery: layers! knit! socks! warmth!

THANK YOU, KAI! Let's get out from behind our computers and turn blogging into a real life community. Kai has the right idea. Want to be a parrt of the movement? Follow Kai's blog, being part of her project is open to all and free!

15 comments:

  1. me gusta mucho tu blog!!! :)

    www.ecoíts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that editorial a couple of weeks ago and had some serious lustful thoughts for all of the necklaces.

    [so, I totally forgot to tell you where those sunglasses came from ----> one of my mates in London has an ebay store online, I bought them from her brand spankin' new]

    >> Thanks again <

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket, and I can't wait to see you style the bolo tie, I've been wanting one for ages but not sure how I'd style it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment. I love those pictures.

    Nice blog.
    I'm following you.

    www.thesanktuary.blogspot.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shorts, that knit, that BUG alsdjflaskdjflaskjdflas. You paired all of this exactly how I would have hoped you would. Crazy, disheveled, and a perfect mash-up of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely jacket!!

    kisses.

    http://myvintagememoirs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love is photos!
    kiss

    www.fashionerry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. is that you in those photos? <3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING STYLING!!! Great blog, I'm following you now, hope you follow back! :)

    Romiya Fashion Inspiration Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it :D I'm not usually keen on that kind of clothes but here I'm blown away :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sweaters are amazin and the photography is awesome. I am a fashion blogger as well and would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and follow me there. I will definitely follow you back :)

    http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/


    You can also find me at twitter(@RaindropsofRed) and facebook(Raindrops of Red)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea! Genial! And the first find is a stunner! Amazing jacket & love the Southwestern print of it!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-brdge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete