theannachrist@gmail.com

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Color Red

Last Seattle post. Unfortunately. I should've never left. I'm a fucking idiot.

My new life philosophy starts now. I'm in a rut. A change of scenery really charged my batteries and I'm back in San Diego with a whole new outlook. I'm going to be light and free of attachment and belongings. I'm selling three quarters of my wardrobe. It started in Seattle. I sold a bunch of stuff at the Buffalo Exchange there. I want to own very little, exchange quantity for quality, being free and light and a purist. Living out of a single suitcase for three weeks did it. And I want to own nothing and be owned by no one.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Jeans// Always Skinny skimmer jeans from Gap
Red jumper// thrifted
Floral shoes// H&M
Baseball tee// J. Crew
 Red bag// Coach

9 comments:

  1. pretty photos! :) love your cat eye sunglasses :)

    iam_kbc

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i think quality is very important with staple pieces. things that you know won't go out of style.. at least for yourself. i have found myself in a situation before where i have loads of things that i bought because i liked the style.. not realizing that it wasn't my style..so i never wore them. i am just starting to realize now that i can appreciate others personal style and not necessarily try to emulate it. i love pastels on some gals, and your earthy beauty.. but i know that for myself i wouldn't feel comfortable in anything but my black ensembles (with some rare exceptions). you seem to have a good feel and sense for what sort of clothes really show who you are, so buying some pieces that are of real quality could be very beneficial.. they just fit better sometimes, and can last for ages (especially purses.. which is my obsession)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been living a minimalist lifestyle for a very long time. I think once a person has been bitten by the travel bug learning to live out of a suitcase becomes a way of life. I wish you luck on your new found personal journey. I hope that you will consider sharing the progression of your closet with us.

    Oh by the way.... I totally feel in hearts with you at "And I want to own nothing and be owned by no one." The most beautiful women in the world (in my opinion) live by these words. You are pretty effin' fantastic chica!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute red sweater!! cute blog..wanna follow each other?

    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome. I've been thinking about buying investment pieces vs cheap/regular clothes recently.. I mean I don't have the money to, but maybe it's way better to just save up and not buy crap in the meantime. Glad you had such a good time in Seattle... I need to get out of LA soon... travelling is so refreshing & really does free up your mind.

    Victoria
    Forever Fashionably Late

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know the feeling... and i think it is entirely true!

    love you in cat eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear!glasses are amazing=) this is our new blog http://ateawithdabi.blogspot.it/ follow if you like=) kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE these pics! specially the flower ones matching your sweater xxo -nb

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't you LOVE all the public art/sculpture in Seattle?! Your posts keep making me miss it! I hope your trip was amazing! I plan on going back in mid august, its so beautiful then!

    //rachel

    ReplyDelete